The Apple iPhone SE 2020 comes with some improvements, and with some disappointments, let’s cover it.
Apple felt the need for a mid-range phone, and they delivered it. Not everyone can afford the $1000 phone, and that is where Apple was missing the point. People cannot use the Apple ecosystem and opt-out for android phones.
We’ve already seen the iPhone 8 before, and here it is iPhone SE 2020 with some new things under the hood. It is the essential iPhone ever for Apple.
Apple iPhone SE 2020 Specifications.
- DISPLAY – Retina IPS LCD, 750 x 1334 pixels, 326 PPI density
- OS – iOS 13
- Chipset – Apple A13 Bionic
- Memory – 64GB 3GB RAM, 128GB 3GB RAM, 256GB 3GB RAM
- Main Camera – 12 MP, f/1.8, (wide) PDAF, OIS
- Selfie Camera – 7 MP, f/2.2
- BATTERY – 1821 mAh Battery | Fast charging 18W | Qi wireless charging | 50% in 30 min
- Colors – Black, White, Red
The new Apple A13 Bionic chip on the inside makes the phone operate smoother than ever.
New camera system with the body of an iPhone 8. The body is similarly smaller than the current market scenario, but the phone provides a better grip thanks to the size of the phone. Fits nicely in your hand and feels lighter.
The phone has the IP67 water and dust resistance with a glass back for wireless charging. On the back of the phone, we see that Apple has made some slight changes to the logo.
Now the logo got shifted in the middle part of the phone—speakers at the bottom with the earpiece.
One thing that could bother and that’s the big forehead and big chin, as the android phones have managed to hide the fingerprint scanners and the selfie cameras under the display.
We can’t complain much about the phone at this price point. In the world of facial scanners, this comes with the fingerprint reader.
The iPhone SE 2020 has 3 colors to choose from Red, Black, and white, and amazingly they have a black front with black bezels.
The phone lacks some of the features which are still available on the iPhone 8, and that is double-tap to wake.
The iPhone SE comes with the 4.7″ LCD with the true tone, which adjusts the color depending on the light. The phone fails to provide a bright display; the outdoor visibility gets compromised.
The main highlight of this phone is the processor, which is the same processor as the iPhone 11 Pro has.
The main advantage of this particular chipset is that it is blazingly fast, and apple will be providing regular OS updates.
Both the A13 bionic and extra 3GB RAM boosts the performance on the phone.
The phone comes with the Non-removable Li-Ion 1821 mAh with wireless charging. Battery life gets huge improvements thanks to the A13 bionic and the 720P no so bright display, and you can easily get throughout the day with the 4-5 hrs. of screen time.
Apple iPhone SE 2020 Camera
- The iPhone SE 2020 comes with a single camera on the back and for the selfie.
- The primary camera has the 12 MP, f/1.8 (wide) with an OIS sensor with Dual-LED dual-tone flash.
- The front-facing selfie camera 7 MP, f/2.2. The primary camera can produce the 4K video output at 60 fps, best at this price point.
- Although there is no night mode, that’s why the camera lacks the performance under low lighting conditions.
- Low light photography can be problematic on this phone.
- You’re allowed to do all things on this phone expect the photography with the low light.
- The phone manages to output the lovely photos under bright lighting conditions and also good portrait photos.
- The cameras are capable of providing stable, detailed, and good focused shots.
iPhone SE has Dual Sim Capability. You can use two numbers on the same phone, and this phone comes with dual sim support. You can have two carriers helping to choose between data rates.
The Apple iPhone SE 2020 is priced at $399. In India the phone got price tag of ₹42,500.
Big Bezels, Big Forehead/Chin, No headphone jack.
The midrange phone like this should support the headphone jack instead of going with the lightning earphones and wireless.
I would like to request the people out there who are planning to purchase this phone, and that is spending extra $50 to get the 120GB variant which will last you 4-5 years.
The regular OS updates from Apple with the A13 Bionic chip makes this phone a lot better offering from Apple.
There are specific scenarios where this phone comes in as the savior. If someone gets their iPhone stolen, lost, or broken in such conditions, this phone could save time and money. Overall Its a great package for the people who are willing to try the Apple Ecosystem.