Asus ROG Phone 3 is the most powerful android gaming phone ever.
The ROG phone 3 is the 3rd generation of the ROG lineup. The ROG phone is known for its gaming capabilities. The fascinating factor about this phone is that it comes with a cooling solution which is called as Aeroactive Cooler 3. The ROG lineup is known for its hardware as well and every component of it an overkill.
Asus ROG Phone 3 Specifications.
- Display – AMOLED 6.59 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels, HDR10+,144Hz refresh rate
- OS – Android 10, ROG UI
- Chipset – Snapdragon 865+
- Memory – 128GB 8GB RAM, 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 16GB RAM
- Main Camera – 64 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF. | 13 MP, f/2.4, 125˚, 11mm (ultrawide) | 5 MP, f/2.0, (macro)
- Selfie Camera – 24 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Battery – 6000 mAh, Fast charging 30W
The ROG Phone comes with the Snapdragon 865+ and this particular chip is an overclocked version of Snapdragon 865 to produce extra performance.
To pair things up with the chipset ROG phone comes with the 16 GB of RAM. The Asus ROG phone supports the UFS 3.1 fast storage with 512 GB.
- The display is 6.59″ AMOLED FHD+ with a 144hz refresh rate and HDR 10 support. The games look nice on this phone, due to its bright display and the color reproduction is good.
- To support all that raw power the ROG phone comes with the 6000 mAh. The phone supports the 30W hypercharge. There are 4 WIFI antennas and 4 mics with noise cancellation.
The Asus ROG Phone 3 shares the same design aesthetics as its predecessor. The same design language and the same ports placements.
The Snapdragon 865+ runs hotter and there are other components such 5G modem because of which this device heats up so quickly. Asus built a very efficient thermal system on this phone to counteract the heating problem.
On the back of the phone, there is a vent that helps to dissipate heat. The ROG phone has the accessory port on the side where you can connect the fan which comes bundled in the box.
There are air triggers on the other side and USB Type C at the bottom and a sim tray which holds two sim cards.
There is no expandable storage option available on this phone. There is a ROG logo that lights up as per your need as its customizable.
- The things that are missing with this smartphone are the headphone jack, wireless charging, and micro-sd card slot. There is an in-display fingerprint scanner and it works very well.
- The ROG phone 3 has improved speakers and these are excellent speakers. They are very loud and clear and if you’re holding this phone in landscape mode the sound feels nice. There are the touch-sensitive points on the top section of the phone that simulates like trigger buttons.
These capacitive shoulder buttons can be used for multiple options.
The gamer in you might love this unique feature of this phone. The downside about these buttons is that you don’t get any haptic feedback when touched.
The first ROG phone had a 4000mAh battery, and the ROG Phone comes with the 6000mAh battery.
- To make the battery life last longer Asus added a cool software feature that helps you to reduce the charging rate.
- The charger which comes with the phone is a 30-watt fast charger and if you’re charging your device with the fast charging it is going to reduce the lifespan of your battery. To deal with that you can limit your charging rate down to 10 watts.
- The 10 watts charging isn’t a slow charge but if you put your phone to charging during the night it will take a little more time to fill up the battery.
The battery on this phone can be used as the power bank to charge other devices due to its bigger capacity.
We hoped that the camera system would be mediocre like other gaming smartphones but it is actually good.
The camera system has 3 cameras on this phone. The wide-angle, ultra-wide, and a 5mp macro lens. The macro lens doesn’t produce good images but the other two are good at taking good quality pictures. The photos are surprisingly detailed and you can shoot 8K videos on this phone 30 FPS with stabilization. The real thing is if your buying this device then you’re definitely not purchasing it for the camera.
The earlier gaming phone came with the different launcher systems which used to represent it as a gaming device but now you can select classic style when you’re setting up the device. The classic style looks simple and minimalistic.
Due to the vapor chamber and air vent, there is no IP rating on this phone. Asus managed to put graphite film in the vapor chamber which is a cooling system. The cooling chamber does a good job of keeping the temps under control, which in return provides high performance.
The gaming experience on this phone is very good and you can connect other accessories like Microsoft controller.
When you combine all these features like the vibration engine the haptic feedback gives you remarkable user experience.
The features of this gaming phone are rare, like the overclocked chipset and the 6000mAh battery.
The smartphone gaming industry is evolving and there is much more scope and potential as compared to pc gaming. The smartphone hardware is changing rapidly and we are getting massive performance out of these small devices. With the addition of the higher refresh screens, gaming on such a device feels more improved and more futuristic.
You cant always have one phone for your casual work and one phone for gaming and that means your phone has to be your one and only phone. The Asus ROG phone 3 covers all those areas.
Asus ROG Phone 3 price in India.
The Asus ROG Phone 3 price in India has been set at Rs. 49,999 for the 8GB RAM + 128GB variant, and the 12GB RAM + 256GB storage option of the phone is priced at Rs. 57,999.