We saw the Asus Zenfone last year with the same design and with a price tag of $500. Last year Zenfone was launched without OLED panel and this year Asus updated this feature with Asus Zenfone 7 Pro.
The Zenfone 7 Pro has a 90Hz 1080p OLED panel and it is from Samsung. The colors are nice and the screen is fast and smooth to the touch.
The Asus Zenfone 7 Pro has nice stereo speakers and the bottom-firing speaker is a bit louder than the one which is present at the earpiece.
Due to its bottom-firing speaker and its loudness, it makes it a not so great media consumption device.
ASUS ZenFone 7 Pro Specifications.
- Display – AMOLED 6.67 inches, 1080×2400 pixels, HDR10+,190Hz refresh rate
- OS – Android 10, ZenUI 7
- Chipset – Snapdragon 865+
- Memory – 256GB 8GB RAM UFS 3.1
- Main Camera – 64 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF OIS | 8MP, f/2.4, OIS, 3X zoom (telephoto) | 12MP Sony IMX363 113˚ (ultra-wide), f/2.2 PDAF
- Selfie Camera – Motorized rotating triple camera assembly
- Battery – 5000mAh, 30W Asus HyperCharge
- Color – Aurora Black, Pastel White
In order to achieve the whole screen display, Asus engineered the camera design in such a way that it flips from the back of the device to take the selfies. The Flip camera mechanism gives screen more real estate to work on or to consume media.
The display looks nice and sharp thanks to the 90Hz refresh rate. The Flip camera mechanism is improved this year and it works faster compared to last year’s camera.
The hinge feels stronger and it was one of the concerns to the people who wanted to buy Zenfone last year. Like, how durable the camera hinge is? How many times it can do the rotations.
The flip mechanism has been rated for up to 200,000 flips which is double in comparison with the last year’s Zenfone. The new mechanism makes it a little faster to pop up and drop down and the current camera system sounds better.
- The camera module is bigger this year and it comes with the 3 camera layout and it has the Sony IMX 686 and it is a pretty popular sensor for the upper mid-range segment. It also has a 12 MP wide-angle and 3X optical zoom on the telephoto.
- On the front of the device, it has Gorilla glass 6 and on the back, it has Gorilla glass 3. There is a notification LED on the bottom of the phone.
Most importantly it still has a huge 5000 mAh battery and it now supports the 30W fast charging which is faster than the 18W fast charger which came with the last years Zenfone 6.
- One feature is still missing tough and it is wireless charging and that’s a bummer. In terms of the battery, some features have been taken from the ROG series and it is called battery care.
- The battery care feature lets you limit the charging limit to 90% or 80%. Another feature is that you can reduce the charging rate and it helps to extend the battery life.
- For the better overall performance, the Zenfone 7 Pro gets the Snapdragon 865 Plus. This is the overclocked version of the Snapdragon 865.
- The Motorized rotating triple camera assembly allows for an uninterrupted screen without any kind of punch hole or notch which looks nice. The Bezels on the screen are a little thick.
The fingerprint scanner is side-mounted and it can be customized to open apps perform user set functions.
- The 5000 mAh battery will be sufficient for this device as there is no Quad HD display or 120Hz refresh rate. To power, the phone 30W fast charger is enough and unfortunately there is no wireless charging.
- The Asus Zenfone 7 Pro has Android 10 and with the added customizations of Zen UI 7. The Zen UI is similar to the stock android and it follows the same themes as the stock Android with few customizations to enhance the overall user experience.
There is no headphone jack on the ASUS ZenFone 7 Pro.
ASUS ZenFone 7 Pro is not launching in the US and there will be a big price tag due to its better tech and camera sensors.
Asus Zenfone 7 Pro smartphone price in India could be around Rs 56,000. Asus Zenfone 7 Pro is considered to be launched in India on October 13, 2020 (Unofficial).