Oneplus 7T is priced at $399, and there is only one model in two different colors – Glacier Blue, Frosted Silver.
With these two models, you only get 8GB RAM and 128GB storage or 8GB RAM and 256GB storage.
The Oneplus 7T is a lot cheaper than the Oneplus 7 Pro, and this might force you to think about what are you losing with this $400 difference.
We will cover features that Oneplus decided to add on Oneplus 7T and not on Oneplus 7 Pro.
Oneplus 7T vs Oneplus 7 Pro Spec Comparison.
OnePlus 7T vs. OnePlus 7 Pro: Design and Display
A big thanks to Oneplus for not implementing curved screens around the edges and this is a huge upgrade rather than a downgrade from the 7 Pro.
Oneplus 7T doesn’t have a curved screen which means you don’t have to worry about the wrapped screen.
The wrapped screen around the edges is not suitable for a great media experience.
This makes the phone lot more comfortable to hold compared to the 7 Pro.
The corners on the Oneplus 7T are less rounded, and the back is wrapped around the matte frosted glass texture like the 7 Pro.
The colors on these Oneplus devices are just perfect.
The glacier blue is a little lighter than the nebula blue on the 7 Pro, and for $399 Oneplus 7T feels premium.
Size-wise both the phones are pretty much the same.
- The display on the Oneplus 7T is 90hz, and we knew this was coming, but the sad part is the resolution is set to 1080P Plus.
- The Oneplus 7 Pro has a 90hz display and QHD+ resolution and you can switch to FHD+ resolution.
Even though the Oneplus 7T has a 1080+ display it still looks sharp and on top of that Oneplus gives you the option to switch between different color profiles.
Under these different color profiles, the display looks great and both devices come with HDR10 technology.
- The Oneplus 7T doesn’t have a pop-up camera and it comes with a waterdrop style camera system.
- On the other hand, the Oneplus 7 Pro hosts a pop-up camera which gives you a seamless display panel and sharp viewing angles.
Oneplus 7T has the teardrop notch like the Oneplus 6T, but they managed to keep it smaller compared to Oneplus 6T.
You get dual front-facing speakers on the Oneplus 7T just like the 7 Pro, and these speakers are fantastic for the audio projection.
Dual front-facing speakers are loud and clear, and there are no complaints about these speakers.
- The in-display scanner has been imported from the Oneplus 7 Pro and applied on the 7T.
- The fingerprint scanner on the Oneplus 7 Pro feels a lot faster than the 7T.
The face unlock option is available on both phones but the Oneplus 7T unlocks faster compared to the 7 Pro and it is due to the pop-up camera.
OnePlus 7T vs OnePlus 7 Pro: Performance
The key difference here is the Soc, and the Oneplus 7T comes with the faster chipset, which is Snapdragon 855+.
The Snapdragon 855+ is a slightly overclocked version of the standard Snapdragon 855 on the Oneplus 7 Pro.
The faster processor on the Oneplus 7T doesn’t make any significant differences in terms of performance of both the device.
The benchmark scores are going to be somewhat similar to both the devices and both come with the UFS 3.0 memory solution.
The real-life scenarios are not going to be different, both phones feel faster, and that is due to software optimization.
OnePlus 7T vs OnePlus 7 Pro: Battery life and charging
The Warp charger that comes with the Oneplus 7T is faster than the Oneplus 7 Pro.
The warp charger 30T is 23% faster compared than the warp charger 30 which comes with the Oneplus 7 Pro.
Big thanks to Oneplus for optimizing the battery to accept a faster charging rate and also not getting hotter.
The battery life on the Oneplus 7T is similar to the Oneplus 7 Pro, and that is because Oneplus 7 Pro has a 4000mAh battery and a QHD+ resolution at 90Hz.
On the other hand, the Oneplus 7T has a 3800mAh battery, but the resolution is lower with the same 90Hz refresh rate.
The Oneplus 6T came with a greater battery optimization which can last you for 2 days.
OnePlus 7T vs. OnePlus 7 Pro: Cameras
The macro lens is a bonus on the Oneplus 7T, and it is really cool, it allows you to get super close to the subject without losing focus.
You can get creative with this macro lens, and the images that come out with this lens look incredible.
This feature will not be available on the Oneplus 7 Pro, and that is because the Oneplus 7 Pro doesn’t have the macro lens.
Again the macro lens is not going to change the overall photography with these devices. Some might like, and some won’t.
Keeping that in mind, both the phones share the exact same sensors for the camera.
- You get a triple camera layout with the ultrawide angle, standard 48MP sensor, and a telephoto lens.
- The only difference is here that you only get a 2X optical range versus a 3X telephoto lens on the 7 Pro.
- Oneplus 7T comes with an upgrade which is 12 MP F2.2 vs 8 MP F2.4 aperture on the 7 Pro.
Both the phones produce really stunning pictures, and they’re pretty sharp, and they maintain the right balance of contrast and saturation.
The colors on the Oneplus 7T look warmer compared to the 7 Pro.
In low light conditions, both the cameras perform decently, but you do lose some details, especially when you involve people as subjects.
If you want better low-light photos from these devices, then you can use the GCam mod.
Oneplus also improved the video recording capabilities on the 7T, and now it combines both the EIS and the OIS to give you ultra-stable video playback.
- The Oneplus 7T can only shoot videos at 1080p so you can not record 4K videos with the stabilization feature on.
- The video recording is so stable on the Oneplus 7T.
- Let’s talk about the camera bump on the Oneplus 7T, the more flushed look the camera layout would’ve been a plus.
- If you’re going to use a case on your 7T, then you might not feel this problem.
- Please use a case if you do not like the camera bump.
- The Oneplus 7 Pro doesn’t have a huge camera bump, and it’s low profile compared to 7T.
OnePlus 7T vs OnePlus 7 Pro: Software Enhancement.
The 7T comes with Android 10 and Oneplus has made some customizations a little more engaging. It comes with a separate tab for customizations which lets you easily access wallpapers, clock style for your lock screen, fingerprint animation.
You can also monitor accent colors in real-time, change the tone to a system-wide dark mode which looks great.
The shape of the settings icon can also be changed with icon packs.
You don’t have to use other software to make these changes it comes with the OS itself.
Sincerely I feel bad for the people who bought the Oneplus 7 Pro because the 7T brings 90% of the features in the 7 Pro at a lower price point.
Most importantly its the 90Hz AMOLED display is an excellent feature to bring at this price point also the display is flat, which makes it more practical to use compared to the Oneplus 7 Pro.
- The downside with the Oneplus 7 Pro is the curved screen as it is very distracting for watching content.
- The camera performance is good with good lighting situations, but in low light, the camera struggles a bit.
- Some may like the added macro mode and some won’t, you can get really creative with it.
- Aside from the higher resolution screen and the pop-up camera, there is nothing much with the Oneplus 7 Pro.
I think Oneplus 7T is the best phone to pick at $399 and if you like the QHD+ display with the curved edges which has a very appealing design then you can pick Oneplus 7 Pro.