The Google Pixel 5 5G launched with vibrant colors and cool new technology which we are going to uncover. The change in Google’s approach to see the market and how to surprise users with their new smartphones is amazing.
The Pixel 5 5G looks compact and beautiful as there is no notch available on this device. On the front, you can see the large display with a small punch hole for the selfie camera.
Google removed its Soli chip which was built to track your movements on a microscopic scale and there is no face detection. Google now using a physical fingerprint scanner to unlock the device.
Google Pixel 5 Specifications.
- Display – 6.0 inches OLED | 90Hz | HDR10+ with 1080 x 2340 pixels 19.5:9 ratio 432 PPI density
- OS – Android 11
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- Memory – 128GB 8GB RAM | UFS 2.1
- Main Camera – 12.2 MP, f/1.7, (wide) Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS | 16 MP, f/2.2 107˚ (ultrawide)
- Selfie Camera – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Battery – 4080 mAh | Fast charging 18W | Reverse charging | Wireless charging | USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Color – Just Black, Sorta Sage.
- Models – GD1YQ, GTT9Q.
There are no different versions of the Google Pixel 5 5G, this is the only version you’ll be getting with some beautiful colors. If you want a bigger display then you can look for the Pixel 4A 5G which has a bigger display with the same specs.
The AMOLED display looks nice on the Google Pixel 5 5G with small bezels and the colors are crisp and nice.
You don’t see any flagship processor in this device and as we all know the latest flagship is from Qualcomm Snapdragon 865. This compromise was made to keep the price lower and we have Snapdragon 765 which is 5G capable.
- The Snapdragon 765 5G is not the fastest processor but it handles your day-to-day tasks very well and that credit goes to the stock Android 11.
- Along with the Snapdragon 765 5G we get 8GB of ram and 128GB of storage and there are no other storage or RAM options.
- Android 11 feels very fast and responsive on this device there’s no lag or stutter while navigating through the apps and to make things smoother the display comes with a 90Hz refresh rate.
- The 6-inch display is equipped with the gorilla glass 6 and it comes with the IP68 dust and water resistance rating and the phone weighs only 151 grams and its just 8 mm thick.
This phone is pretty much capable of one-handed usage and that is due to its compactness.
Last year’s Pixel 4 and 4XL received so many criticisms due to its smaller battery and this year’s Google Pixel 5 5G comes with a bigger battery.
The Google Pixel 5 has a 4080 mAh battery which is upgraded from a 3700 mAh battery on last year’s Pixel 4XL.
The FHD+ display and 90Hz refresh rate might put some burden on the battery but there is software optimization that comes with Google’s Android OS.
Then there is the camera and it is the biggest reason to buy the Pixel phones and it comes with the 12MP f 1.7 as a primary lens. We have the ultrawide lens as well but the downside is that there is no telephoto lens available. But the ultrawide lens is more important and useful.
You can record 4K videos at 60 FPS with the main camera and with the front-facing camera you can shoot 1080P 30 FPS videos, which is a bit disappointing.
On the front, there is an 8MP F2.0 selfie camera and it also provides good images.
The Google Pixel 5 price starts at $699.
The Google Pixel 5 comes with an ultrawide lens, bigger display with smaller bezels and 90Hz refresh rate, 5G, bigger 4080 mAh battery, Android 11 out of the box.
The Google Pixel 5 is certainly not a flagship device and it lacks some major functionality, as there is only 128GB storage and you can not upgrade it to 256 which supports file transfer speed UFS 2.1 which is slower. There is no Wifi 6, no Bluetooth 5.1, and superfast charging is also missing.