Is this phone designed for gamers? Let’s see LG V60!
This LG V60 ThinQ 5G comes under LG’s vision for productivity. In a world of foldable phones, LG comes with a Dual Screen case. Microsoft Unveiled its dual-screen device at the Surface event back in October 2019, and it is nearing its release date.
Launch of this new Dual screen phone seems like sort of a trick of getting ahead in the market. The phone comes with an additional screen, and you can use it as a secondary display to run some apps on it and do some multitasking.
Some downsides are associated with the dual-screen and its Wide Mode, which lets you access both displays at the same time, but the video gets split into two screens, and it just ruins the overall user experience. There are some useful features of this extra display as well, let’s discuss them.
You can use it as Gamepad, and its controls are fully customizable. The screen accessory comes free with the phone, so you don’t have to pay extra for that, and that’s a plus.
LG launched its dual-screen phone last year as well, the LG G8X ThinQ, and in 2020 this phone is coming with some upgradations like 5G support, all-new SOC, and better cameras that shoot 8K footage.
The main highlight of LG V60 ThinQ is that it comes with a case that includes the second display and a bigger battery to support the dual-screen experience.
LG V60 ThinQ 5G Dual-Screen Specifications
- Display – P-OLED, 1080 x 2460 pixels, 395 PPI, HDR10+
- OS – Android 10
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- Memory – 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM UFS 2.1
- Main Camera – 64 MP, f/1.8 (standard) Dual pixel PDAF, OIS | 13 MP, f/1.9 (ultrawide) | 0.3 MP TOF 3D, f/1.4, (depth)
- Selfie Camera – 10 MP, f/1.9, (standard).
- Battery – 5000 mAh, Fast charging Quick Charge 4.0+, Wireless Charging
- Colors – Classy Blue, Classy White.
The LG V60 ThinQ 5G uses the latest snapdragon 865 paired with Qualcomm’s X55 5G modem, and it supports both combination millimeter-wave and sub 6 GHz compatibility. The USB C port powers the dual-screen display.
Most importantly, it comes with a 5000 mAh battery, which will help you throughout the day with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ support.
- LG V60 ThinQ 5G Offers a 6.8-inch P-OLED 2460×1080 FHD+ display with 395ppi pixel density and 20.5:9 aspect ratio.
- The phone doesn’t support the 120 Hz refresh rate instead comes with 60 hertz. You can upgrade the storage with the help of a Micro-SD card up to 2TB.
- The phone has a waterdrop style notch on the front, which looks fine and has a rear triple camera setup with horizontal sensor positioning.
- At the bottom, it hosts Type-C, Speaker Grille, 5G, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, and thankfully a headphone jack.
- The phone comes with the in-display fingerprint scanner. The phone weighs around 214 grams.
- The 3.5 mm headphone jack supports Quad Dac tech will allow for some high-fidelity audio quality and has LG 3D Sound Engine, and LG Pay support features.
There are quad microphones with voice bokeh feature lets you capture the human voice very well, even in noisy environments.
LG V60 ThinQ 5G has 64 MP f/1.8 OIS primary sensor, 13 MP f/1.9 EIS Ultra-wide, and 3D time of flight camera. The 64 MP primary sensor generates 16MP images through pixel binning and the 10 MP f/1.9 72.5-degree selfie camera.
There is no Telephoto camera available, but LG claims the 64 MP camera captures images at two times zoom without losing details. The new high res camera should also give us an improved night view with the help of optical image stabilization.
The time of flight camera helps in terms of depth information to take good portraits and helps to improve the blurring effect of portrait photos, and it needs some software touch to make it final.
The 64 MP camera lets you record up to 8K videos with 10-bit color.
The phone comes with all new video mode you can customize the way that the audio is recorded through voice bokeh which uses the four microphones to focus on someone’s voice and exclude the ambient sound.
The Quad Dec technology helps to provide low latency, and that will help in gaming and improved music quality.
The camera has some beautiful features to it and some software bugs as well. The phone lags a bit while recording the 8K video.
The screen accessory has the same 6.8-inch P-OLED 2460×1080 FHD+ display with 395ppi pixel density. The accessory comes with a 360-degree hinge, which allows rotating the two screens in different modes, e.g., tent, flat, 90 degrees.
What is the use of a Dual screen? So, the people who want extra real estate on their phone will love this design. You can use this extra screen as Gamepad and customize it according to your needs.
Apart from being a gamepad, you can run apps separately and enjoy multitasking on LG V60 ThinQ. You can use Wide Mode to combine both displays into a single larger view, but there are big bezels in between, which doesn’t look nice.
The dual-screen doesn’t have its own batteries like the V50, and it draws power by the USB-C port. The dual-screen accessory has a 2.1-inch monochromatic cover display, which helps to show basic notifications and time. The new textured grip on the back and a magnetic charging cord.
We firmly believe that LG will price this V60 ThinQ 5G below $999, unlike Samsung’s entry-level price of the Galaxy S20 with 5G connectivity. Samsung recently launched its three new flagships under the Galaxy S series.