Motorola Edge Plus is the latest flagship offering from Motorola.
The Motorola Edge Plus looks promising with top of the line camera and specs. Let’s face it the flagship game is on, and every other OEM is trying to contribute something to this category.
It comes with the impressive display which Motorola calls the Waterfall display, and it comes with the 90-degree angle.
Basic criteria for the flagship phones?
- High res camera
- Beautiful display with faster refresh rate
- Fast memory
- Big battery
- IP 68 rating
- 5G Support
Motorola Edge Plus has it all, and the phone also looks beautiful and feels like there are no bezels on the sides.
Motorola Edge Plus Specifications.
- DISPLAY – OLED 6.7 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 385 PPI density | 90Hz refresh rate | HDR10+
- OS – Android 10
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- Memory – 256GB 12GB RAM UFS 3.0
- Main Camera – 108 MP, f/1.8, (wide) PDAF, OIS | 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto) | 16 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide) | TOF 3D, (depth)
- Selfie Camera – 25 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- BATTERY – 5000 mAh Battery | Fast charging 18W | Fast wireless charging 15W | Reverse wireless charging 5W
- Colors – Smokey Sangria, Thunder Grey, Baltic Gray
Motorola Edge Plus Display
- The main highlight of this phone is the display, which has a 90-degree angle and wraps around the edges, and the display has a 21:9 aspect ratio.
- The display comes with the 6.7″ FHD+ OLED panel and has 1080 x 2340 resolution and 385 PPI.
- With the bigger display and hole punch, the phone looks nice. The phone supports the 90hz refresh rate for the display, ditching the 120hz to save the battery, and we believe that’s an excellent decision.
- The other flagships support the 120hz refresh rate, but it is, most of the time, turned off by the software to conserve the battery.
- The user can toggle back to 60hz or set it to auto to save battery.
The edge can be used to show the notifications, alarms, battery charging if you place it downwards like face down.
It’ll show you incoming phone calls and notifications through glowing light. Double-tap on the side to turn off the edge display, or you can set it to switch between apps.
The edge also provides gaming functionality as triggers while playing games.
On the bottom of the phone, there is a sim tray and a USB C port and a microphone.
Surprisingly there’s a headphone jack at the top, and since Samsung and other OEMs dropped the headphone jack, it is nice to see that Motorola added it to their phone.
The phone comes with the in-display fingerprint scanner, which unlocks the phone quickly.
On the sides, it has a volume rocker, and power button and the volume button has a texture to it.
Motorola Edge Plus Battery
The Motorola Edge Plus comes with the 5000 mAh Li-Po battery. It comes with the Fast charging 18W, Fast Wireless charging 15W, and Reverse wireless charging 5W with you can charge your smartwatches and wireless headphones.
18W Charging seems slow on the flagship, and we are seeing other devices that are coming with 25W, 30W, 50W, and even 65W charging capabilities. The 30W would have made a significant change.
Motorola made some changes in terms of software and hardware-wise. To save more battery, Motorola went with the FHD+ display and 90hz refresh rate panel.
The Motorola Edge Plus comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 / X55 5G modem. Motorola claims it will provide the fastest 5G speed on this particular device, and they have paired with Verizon for the US region, and it is a bit disappointing.
Motorola Edge Plus Camera
- The Samsung galaxy s20 ultra comes with the custom version of a 108 sensor, and Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro and Mi 10 also have the same sensor.
- This sensor comes with the two-by-two binning design, and the primary sensor is large. Let’s see how Motorola handles the image processing with its software tuning.
- There’s a 16MP ultra-wide sensor that doubles as a macro camera and an 8MP optical telephoto sensor and comes with the 8MP optical telephoto sensor.
- It’s nice to see that Motorola opts out for the dual wide/macro sensor instead of providing a dedicated macro camera.
- The phone comes with the 3X optical zoom, and there is a digital zoom available, but the optical zoom gives better shots.
- The selfie camera also comes with a high-resolution 25MP sensor.
The Motorola Edge can shoot up to 8K video, and there are some things to be finalized in terms of the hardware and software of the camera are still being optimized.
We will have to wait for the actual release of the device.
Motorola has kept it as simple as possible with the added features like gestures to make the phone more comfortable to operate, twist to launch the camera, and double chop to launch the flashlight.
Motorola introduced new features under My UX, which will allow users to customize themes and gestures as per their needs.
Motorola priced this device at $999, and this device offers just as much if not more than the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, which costs $200 more.
But if you’re on T-Mobile, AT&T, Google Fi, or others, you’re going to have to skip the Moto Edge Plus.
This device has many similarities with the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, and it is $200 more than the price of Motorola Edge Plus.
One important thing to keep in mind that Motorola Edge Plus will be working on the Verizon network only.