Motorola Razr 5G smartphone was launched on 9th September 2020. It has a 6.20-inch touchscreen main display with a resolution of 2142×876 pixels and an aspect ratio of 21:9. It also features a 2.70-inch touchscreen as its second display.
The folding phones are everywhere and they are all coming up with some major upgrades starting from better folding displays and robust hinges. Previously Samsung launched its 2nd generation “Galaxy Fold 2 5G” and its features are game-changing.
Now Motorola has introduced its 2nd generation Razr folding phone and Motorola understood the needs of specific components and they upgraded to fill the gap. The frame of this phone is made up of aluminum and it’s covered with glass front and back.
Motorola RAZR 5G Specifications.
The design of the Motorola RAZR 5G is the same vertically flip mechanism and there are some minor changes like the fingerprint scanner was on the chin and now it has moved on the back of the phone. Having a fingerprint scanner on the back makes it more usable and convenient.
On the bottom of the device, there is a USB port for charging and data syncing, a speaker grill, and a sim card tray. The power button is now on the left and the volume rocker is on the right side.
- Motorola made some improvements with the hinge and they are now calling it gapless hinge. There are some visible gaps behind the display and that worries me a little about the dust.
- The display gets tucked within the chassis as you try to close the device making sure the display doesn’t bend, you can see the gears of the hinge coming together as you fold the device. This is the same mechanism as the 1st generation Motorola Razr.
The main display is a 6.2-inch OLED panel with the same shape and same notch at the top like the previous Motorola Razr.
For selfies, Motorola has added a 20MP shooter, and a new 48MP main camera with OIS is a big improvement for the current Razr phone and it uses pixel binning to reduce image noise and brighten shots depending upon the lighting conditions, but keep in mind that this isn’t a multicamera system so don’t expect something amazing with this single lens shooter.
- The camera also has the TOF sensor to help to focus in the low light as well as portrait photos.
- The camera UI has undergone some changes and it is now simpler and all your modes are now neatly positioned.
Motorola is claiming that the external display will be helpful to save the battery. The quick view display is good for notifications and quick replies to your messages.
To power this phone there is an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor and it comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of inbuilt storage.
You can use apps like Youtube, Instagram, or Gmail with the help of a mini keyboard on the quick view display. If you’re watching a video on the smaller display and you open up the device it switches that video to the main display, just like the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2.
The added 5G capability will impact the battery life lets see how Motorola manages to do that. Motorola is claiming that the Razr phone will be able to deliver the best 5G experience possible.
The Motorola RAZR 5G has a water repellent nano-coating on all the internal components and on the exterior of the phone. Few water drops should be okay but please don’t dunk this phone into the swimming pool.
- The Razr runs on Android 10 and Motorola said they will be bringing OS and security updates for up to two years.
- There are some major features missing and those are wireless charging, headphone jack, NFC, and a high refresh rate display.
- The Motorola Razr 5G comes with the portability advantage and it is a good deal for the people who are looking for a small and compact device.
Motorola Razr 5G is priced at $1,399.99 (roughly Rs. 1.02 lakhs) for the sole 8GB + 256GB storage variant in the US.