The mid-range trend is here and the big giants are leading this trend. Google launched its midrange device Google Pixel 4a which gives you a better perceptive of a mid-range device with a good camera and better internals. We will be comparing Oneplus Nord and iPhone SE 2020. Both of these phones come around $400 mark and let’s see what they offer for that price.
Oneplus Nord vs iPhone SE specs comparison.
OnePlus Nord Specifications.
- Display – Fluid AMOLED 6.44 inches 1080 x 2400 pixels 90Hz refresh rate
- OS – Android 10, OxygenOS 10.5
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- Memory – 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Main Camera – 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 8 MP, f/2.3, 119˚ (ultrawide), 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth), 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Selfie Camera – 32 MP, f/2.5, (wide),8 MP, f/2.5, 105˚ (ultrawide)
- Battery – 4115 mAh Warp Charge 30T, 70% in 30 min
iPhone SE Specifications.
- Display –Retina IPS LCD 4.7 inches 750 x 1334 pixels 60Hz refresh rate
- OS – iOS 13
- Chipset – Apple A13 Bionic
- Memory – 64GB 3GB RAM, 128GB 3GB RAM, 256GB 3GB RAM
- Main Camera – 12 MP, f/1.8, (wide) OIS
- Selfie Camera – 7 MP, f/2.2
- Battery – 1821 mAh Fast charging 18W, 50% in 30 min
The iPhone SE has a 4.7″ display with a 60Hz refresh rate with a big forehead and chin. The Oneplus Nord comes with the 6.44″ Fluid AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate.
The AMOLED display on the Oneplus Nord provides deeper blacks and high contrast ratios also with higher pixel density. The bigger forehead and chin make iPhone SE a lot easier to handle and operate and it comes with the TOUCH-ID a physical fingerprint scanner. The Oneplus Nord comes with the in-display fingerprint scanner and it works fast. The iPhone SE comes with the stereo which includes the earpiece and the Oneplus Nord has a single bottom-firing speaker.
In terms of the design, the Oneplus Nord feels more premium and both of these devices support glass back. The only difference is the metal frame on the iPhone SE and Oneplus Nord support the plastic frame with a glossy finish but the buttons are metal.
- The iPhone SE has official IP67 water and dust resistance rating.
- Oneplus says that their device comes with the watertight feature and it should be fine for splashes and rain but it doesn’t have an official IP rating.
The iPhone is available in three colors which are black, white, and red whereas Oneplus Nord has only two which are Blue Marble and Gray Onyx. Oneplus Nord comes with the plastic case which comes with the box and pre-applied screen protector. These things are not included in the box with the iPhone.
This is where a clear distinction can be made based on cameras because the Oneplus Nord has a quad-camera setup and the iPhone SE has only a single lens.
The iPhone SE has 12MP rear-facing camera and its a very good camera with Apple’s processing and it produces nice pictures.
The main camera on the Oneplus Nord is a 48MP sensor and it is the same sensor that you see on Oneplus 8. The Oneplus Nord comes with an extra 8MP ultra-wide camera which is not there with iPhone SE and apart from that Oneplus Nord also has a 2MP macro camera that allows you to get super close images of the things.
The Oneplus Nord has a nightscape feature that allows you to take photos in low light conditions and this feature is absent on the iPhone SE.
- The iPhone SE can shoot a video up to 4K 60 frames per second and Oneplus Nord can film at 4K 30 frames per second.
- On the front side of the devices, we see the iPhone SE has only a single lens for the selfies and Oneplus Nord has dual cameras.
- The iPhone Se has a 7MP camera and it can shoot up to 1080p HD and Oneplus Nord has 32MP primary camera with an ultra-wide camera which is very helpful in group selfies and the primary front camera can be used to shoot 4k 60 FPS footage.
Both phones support different hardware and software.
The iPhone SE comes with the in-house A13 Bionic with 3GB of RAM. The Oneplus Nord has Snapdragon 765G which is 5G ready. The Nord has 8GB and 12GB RAM options available.
The Apple A13 is going to be more superior than the Snapdragon 765G when it comes to intense gaming. The A13 is the flagship chip which was intended for the top line iPhones and the Snapdragon 765G is not that much capable if compared to the A13.
The Oneplus Nord comes with the larger battery capacity which is 4115 mAh and 30W fast charging support and on top of that the fast charger comes included in the box but there is no support for the wireless charging. The iPhone SE has a smaller 1821 mAh battery which supports 18W charging and wireless charging support and it doesn’t come with the included fast charger.
- The iPhone SE has a smaller display and it comes with less pixel density thus resulting in reduced battery usage. The Oneplus Nord has a higher refresh rate but the bigger battery can give you up to 24 hrs of usage.
- There are some camera differences between these two smartphones and Oneplus Nord clearly has better camera features in comparison to iPhone SE. The Display is bigger and better on the Oneplus Nord and it provides sharper viewing angles, the display on the Apple iPhone SE is a bit old and doesn’t provide that much sharpness.
The comparison between Oneplus Nord vs iPhone SE shows us the key features that will help you to go with the better option.
Apple iPhone SE 2020 is priced at $399 and Oneplus Nord is available for $374.
If you want reliable performance and 5G connectivity on your smartphone then the Oneplus Nord would be a perfect pick for you and if you are eager to use the Apple hardware and software then you might like the iPhone SE.
Oneplus has promised two years of OS updates and three years of security updates with the Oneplus Nord. The iPhone SE will be getting software updates longer than the Oneplus Nord.