Samsung announced two phones the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra. We will be focusing on the Note 20 Ultra.
The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is designed very well and Samsung has managed to keep it slimmer at 8.1 mm thick but the camera bump still there. The camera design looks more complete and nicely aligned.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is the world’s first-ever phone to fit in the gorilla glass 7. You can now put your keys in your pocket alongside your phone without worrying.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Specifications
- Display – Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 1440 x 3088 pixels, 496 PPI, HDR10+
- 120Hz refresh rate
- OS – Android 10, One UI 2.5
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+
- Memory – 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM UFS 3.1
- Main Camera – 108 MP, f/1.8 (Wide) Laser AF OIS, 12 MP, f/3.0 (periscope telephoto), 12 MP, f/2.2 (Ultrawide).
- Selfie Camera – 10 MP, f/2.2, (Wide)
- Battery – 4500 mAh, Fast charging 25W, Reverse wireless charging 9W
- Colors – Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic White.
The expected price of Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra in India is Rs. 121,990.
The Samsung note series can be recognized so easily with its boxy design and the Note 20 Ultra has razor-sharp corners. These sharp corners can make you a little annoyed while holding the phone. The Note 20 Ultra comes with the 6.9 inches Super AMOLED Quad HD+ 120Hz refresh rate display.
The screen to body ratio is higher than Samsung ever put on any phone and it is 25% brighter than the S20 Ultra. The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra maxes out at 1200 Nits and the new Note 20 Ultra comes in 1500 nits.
The Note 20 ultra comes with the camera improvements that Samsung made with its top of the line smartphones like S20 Ultra and that includes better dynamic range and better night mode. Samsung has removed the depth camera and used a specialized laser autofocus module which is so quick at focusing.
- The Pro video mode lets you choose the audio categorically like the front, all around you, or focus behind. The camera on the Note 20 Ultra lets you shoot 120Fps video at 1080p resolution.
- The selfie camera has been taken down from 40MP to 10MP but it produces similar results. The 100 times zoom has been dropped to 50 because the telephoto camera has been switched from a 48 megapixel four times optical zoom to a 12MP 5 times optical zoom.
The Photos taken from note 20 ultra appear more detailed when compared to S20 Ultra.
The Samsung Note lineup has always been an essence of sophistication and productivity and the first time ever Note is launching at lower pricing compared to the S20 when it was launched.
- Samsung made some changes in this phone as compared to the S20 lineup. The battery capacity has been reduced in the Note 20 Ultra to 4500 mAh as it was 5000 mAh in the S20 lineup. The maximum charging wattage was 45W and it is reduced to 25W.
- Samsung uses two different chipsets for its flagships based on the regions. Exynos 990 falls behind as compared with the Snapdragon 865+.
- If you’re in the UK or India you might be getting the Exynos chipset. There is one difference here though and that is the Adaptive refresh rate and this means the screen can refresh starting from 1 to 120Hz.
There are only two options available on the S20 Ultra and that is 60 or 120Hz. This impressive feature helps in battery consumption.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra comes with the enhanced software and its a complete package. The faster UFS 2.1 storage, greater display, and the new One UI 2.5 software the battery will last longer.
The software provides faster responses, fantastic haptics, and added bloatware which you’re not going to use.
The S-Pen is so fast and you feel the quick response of the S-Pen. The previous version of the S-Pen was a little slower and it had a latency of 42MS and now it has 9MS. The S-Pen feels precise and instantly reactive to your touch. The Note 20 Ultra doesn’t support the headphone jack. It has a great set of stereo speakers and it also supports the wireless charging and with the added benefit of reverse wireless charging.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra made some smaller compromises which are smaller battery and less amount of RAM and because of that, there is huge performance improvement.