We saw Apple iPhone SE which was released as a standard edition phone to fill up the gap between high-end phones and the midrange ones.
Similarly, Samsung announced a new smartphone which is Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (Fan Edition) and it is a fresh new version of the flagship Samsung S20.
This one is quite cheaper as compared to the flagship Samsung Galaxy S20. Samsung designed the Galaxy S20 FE with the help of direct feedback of Galaxy users while removing some premium features from S20 in order to keep the price a little low.
This trimmed-down version of Samsung Galaxy S20 couldn’t be described as an affordable smartphone because of its pricing.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE start from $699 and the release date was set to 23rd September 2020.
The describing factor of this particular smartphone is the stunning range of colors. Colors include Cloud Red, Cloud Orange, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud Navy, and Cloud White.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Specifications.
- Display – 6.5 inches Super AMOLED with 1080 x 2400 pixels | 407 PPI
- OS – Android 10, One UI 2.5
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- Memory – 128GB 6GB RAM | 128GB 8GB RAM | 256GB 8GB RAM | UFS 3.1
- Main Camera – 12 MP, f/1.8, (wide) Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS | 8 MP, f/2.0 (telephoto) PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom | 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide)
- Selfie Camera – 32 MP, f/2.0 | AF (wide)
- Battery – 4500 mAh, Fast charging 15W | Fast wireless charging 15W | Reverse wireless charging 4.5W | USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Color – Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud Navy, Cloud White, Cloud Red, Cloud Orange.
All colors look super bright and these colors help the Samsung Galaxy S20 SE stand out from the rest of the competition.
The Galaxy S20 SE has a series 7000 aluminum frame and on the front of the device, you have Gorilla glass 3. On the back of the phone, there is no glass instead you get a glastic finish as Samsung calls it which is a fusion of glass and plastic.
The matte surface of the rear means that the phone won’t be capturing any fingerprints to it.
- The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is fully IP68 water and dust resistant and the device comes with the in-display fingerprint reader and there is also face unlock option available.
- The One UI 2.5 which is built on top of Android 10 has a lot of features to offer, starting from gaming mode and one-handed feature.
- The display is a 6.5-inch super AMOLED panel that looks similar to the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus and it uses an FHD+ resolution. The display produces crisp and punchy colors with full HDR support.
- The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has the 120Hz refresh rate with a 240Hz touch response which gives you a smooth experience while scrolling through apps and websites.
The higher refresh rate and touch response will definitely give you some added benefit while playing supportive games.
For the audio, you get a stereo speaker setup which releases some clear and loud audio with help of Dolby Atmos support.
There is no headphone jack available on the Samsung Galaxy S20 SE instead you get Bluetooth 5.0 support for the wireless media devices.
The 4G version of Samsung Galaxy S20 FE will be coming with Exynos 990 for the UK region but if you choose the 5G version of the Galaxy S20 FE you will get the Snapdragon 865.
The S20 FE supports the Sub–6 GHz as well as mmWave 5G and on top of that, you get the Wifi 6.
On the battery front, you get the 4500mAh cell which should get you through the day and with the support of 25W wired charging but unfortunately, you only get the 15W charger bundled in the box and you also get the 15W wireless charging.
The camera has the triple-lens system just like Samsungs flagship phones but its not the same hardware. There is a 12MP primary sensor with optical image stabilization supported with the 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens and also a telephoto lens and it is only 8MP. With this setup, you get 3X optical zoom and with support of optical image stabilization built into that telephoto lens.
The space zoom feature allows you to get a maximum of 30 times hybrid zoom. The 30 times hybrid zoom becomes a little blurry if you manage to keep the device steady you’ll get some amazing shots.
The camera UI on the Galaxy S20 FE is very similar to the flagships but it excludes some features. The night mode allows you to shoot 14 to 30 images at different exposure levels and then combine them for a more balanced image. You can shoot up to 4K with support of 30 or 60 FPS videos on this device but there is no 8K option available.
The 32MP front-facing camera takes better images and allows you to shoot up to 4K footage.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE isn’t a cheap device but it gives you a glimpse of the flagship Samsung Galaxy S20. The features that you find missing on this device are actually good to keep the price low.