The Sony Xperia 5 II looks similar to the Xperia Sony Xperia 1 II. The frame on the Xperia 5 II is curved and on the front, it has a 21:9 aspect ratio. The Xperia 5 II has a 6.1 inch OLED display with FHD+ resolution with a 120Hz refresh rate with 240Hz touch input.
The phone feels very comfortable and compact in your hand.
Sony Xperia 5 II Specifications.
- Display – 6.1 inches with 1080 x 2520 pixels 21:9 ratio 449 PPI density
- OS – Android 10
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- Memory – 128GB 8GB RAM | 256GB 8GB RAM
- Main Camera – 12 MP, f/1.7, (wide) Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS | 12 MP, f/2.4 (telephoto) PDAF, 3x optical zoom, OIS | 12 MP, f/2.2, 124˚ (ultrawide) Dual Pixel PDAF
- Selfie Camera – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Battery – 4000 mAh, Fast charging 21W, 50% in 30 min | USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Color – Black, Grey, Blue, Pink.
As we all know that the 120Hz refresh helps in gaming and scrolling through social media pages.
Due to its compactness, it becomes a comfortable smartphone despite its 21:9 aspect ratio.
On the rear, we’ve got a triple camera setup and it is similar to the Sony Xperia 1 II but it only lacks the 3D TOF sensor.
The “Photo Pro and Cinema Pro” apps which give this phone lots of controls over your images and videos everything from shutter speed to ISO as well as having lots of different looks.
The Xperia 5 II comes with the front-facing stereo speakers and at the bottom, there is a USB type C and on the right-hand side, there is a volume rocker.
There is a dedicated google assistant button and a camera shutter button. On the top, we do have the dedicated 3.5 mm headphone jack.
On the left-hand side, we have a sim card tray which gives you the ability to expand the storage.
With the help of the Snapdragon 865, you do get the ability of the 5G.
- The 21:9 aspect ratio gives you the ability to multi-window and you can use two apps at a time and you can do multiple things with this wide aspect ratio.
- The Side Sense feature can be activated by tapping on the right side twice and this gives you the lots of shortcuts like the one-handed feature.
- The Sony Xperia 5 II comes with the IP68 dust and water-resistant and for the battery, we do have a similar capacity as the Sony Xperia 1 II which is4000 mAh.
We do not have wireless charging on this device which is available on the Sony Xperia 1 II. The fingerprint scanner is side-mounted.
Some features are missing on this phone when you compare it with the Sony Xperia 1 II which is the double storage, wireless charging, 4K display.
If you want something like a DSLR experience inside a phone there is nothing like this phone. The Sony Xperia 5 II is priced at $949.99.